So I wanted to give away something on here for writers and readers alike, but I also wanted something that was basically free for me since I am also ridiculously broke. So in the words of Gru, “Lightbulb.”
Here’s what I am offering:
- I will read your short story into my magical microphone with my melodious voice for the purpose of fun and, very likely, no profit.
- I will not read any erotica so if you enter hoping for that, too dang bad. I will just read some public domain stuff instead and everybody loses.
- I will give your piece some royalty free bumper music as I have on my other pieces. Something appropriate to the piece overall.
- Your story must be less than 5,000 words. I cannot read your whole novel and edit it. Who has that kind of time?
- By entering you agree to my terms and conditions. Here they are for your reading pleasure:
- There is no cash prize or equivalent. There is no guarantee you will like the finished product. You are entering this contest purely for entertainment. You will retain the copyright to the short story. You will retain the copyright to the recording, but I ask that if you distribute it, you will attribute me as the producer and reader. Further, if you should sell the recording, you will split proceeds with me.
- You are required to give me a FINISHED, PROOFED, and EDITED copy of the short story within one week of the close of the contest. You are NOT allowed to submit an erotica short story. Some sex or violence is acceptable, but I am not reading your My Little Pony sexual fan fiction.
- This must be YOUR original story. You own it. I love science fiction but if you send me Star Trek fan fiction, that means I will have to go to great lengths to figure out the copyright situation on that.
- The short story cannot exceed 5,000 words. It can be anything below that but the shorter the story, the less product you have in the end.
- This will be a random drawing so the more entries you have, the better your odds. The final choice is not up to me and is not chosen based on the quality of the work.
- There is no current or future endorsement of you, the story content, or any endorsement implied or guaranteed.
So all that said, I have no problem reading a literary piece, a romance, a sci-fi, fantasy, or maybe even a horror piece unless it’s gross.
So if you’re interested, here’s how you enter the contest:
So how about it? Also, I might do an accent or a special voice if your story requires it. I stress might. We will talk when I figure out who won.